I am a huge fan of anything that lets me stay home. My introvert personality is 100% down for not going to crowded places. This is why I love things that are sent to my house and I don’t have to go ANYWHERE. Join me on my introvert adventure of testing out and reviewing different types of subscription boxes as well as other things that can be sent to your house.
*Disclaimer, this is not a sponsored article. It is all my opinion.*
From the Stitch Fix official website:
Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest (shipping is free both ways).
You can schedule your fix for once a month, or whenever you feel like it! There is a $20 styling fee that will be applied to whatever you purchase. It is a really awesome system where you are given a stylist who picks out 5 items for you, sends them to your house, you try things on within three days, purchase what you want, and send back what you don’t. These items can be shoes, shirts, bottoms (jeans or dress pants or skirts), dresses, bags, outerwear, etc. Originally they only had options for women, but they have recently extended to men’s apparel as well.
First you need to fill out your style profile, specifying your size and your style preference. Then you answer a few questions, rate your style preference, and write an optional note to your stylist to tell them what you are looking for.
Here’s why this system is awesome:
- No trips to the mall.
- No trips to the fitting room.
- Your stylist will send you pieces you would never think of.
- The quality of the pieces is fantastic.
- You can set a max budget for each category.
- You can specify to your stylist what you want and they will try their hardest to accommodate that while also giving you things you may not know you want.
- If you purchase all of the pieces, a 25% discount is applied.
- Free shipping and free returns.
With pros, come cons:
- Sometimes it can get pricey.
- Some of their items are dry clean only.
- It’s addictive.
I’ve received a few fixes over this past year and I am a fan. In my fixes, there were plenty of cardigans (I love cardigans), adorable necklaces, pretty dresses I can wear to work or outside of work, and a great pair of jeans that fit wonderfully. My stylist has figured out what I want after just a few fixes and slips in things that I have never thought of.
Tips to get the best stuff out of your fix:
- Answer the questions in your style profile to your fullest ability.
- Review your fix! Say why you like the pieces and especially why you don’t.
- Trust your stylist, this is their job.
If you would like to try it out for yourself, click this link!
Let me know if you end up trying out Stitch Fix and if you like it!